Once again the golden days of fall that are full of cozy scenarios within the house and without are here. Candles lit upon the tables, wonderful aromas wafting from the kitchen to fill the house and our mouths with anticipation, and outside our windows, the soft glory of trees donning their finest crimson and gold clothes.
And to celebrate, here’s a new PJ KABOS Olive Oil Recipe (with video) for this fall: Pumpkin Marble Cake.
Have you ever had the pleasure of indulging in a cake crafted with the elegance of Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
In this PJ KABOS recipe that uses high-phenolic, high-quality PJ KABOS Extra Virgin Olive Oil, prepare to be captivated by the cake's luxurious, moist texture. It will be a delightful surprise for your taste buds. Not only is it a fall-time treat, but it also boasts a nourishing profile that satisfies both the palate and the conscience.
PJ KABOS is a top, on-line seller of High-Phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is "Goodness in a Tin!"
Watch this PJ KABOS Pumpkin Marble Cake video and be inspired to treat your family and friends to a healthy snack. Absolutely guaranteed to have you grinning from ear to ear and then reaching for your phone, ready to order all the essential ingredients for a DIY culinary masterpiece.
PJ Kabos Olive Oil Recipe with Video: Pumpkin Marble Cake
For the cake
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (80 grams) PJ KABOS Family Reserve—Medium Taste Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup of raw pumpkin (150 grams )
- ½ cup sugar (150 grams), or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- zest, 1 orange
- 1 cup (140 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon of additional flour
- ⅔ tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (20 grams) cocoa powder, to taste
- salt, a pinch
For the glaze
- ½ orange, juice
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 8 x 8 x 20 cm baking pan
For the cake
- Sift the flour and mix in the baking powder.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the pumpkin, PJ KABOS Family Reserve—Medium Taste Intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil, eggs, and sugar until it becomes a puree. Add salt and spices, and blend for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the orange zest to the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into a large bowl, sift in the flour mixture, and stir until you have a uniform consistency.
- Using separate bowls, divide the batter into two equal portions.
- In one bowl, mix in 1 tablespoon of additional flour. In the other bowl, mix in 2 to 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batters alternately into the pan to create a marble effect (Note: using two ice cream scoops works nicely).
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 175°C (350°F). Check for doneness with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, it is done.
For the glaze
- Once the cake has cooled, mix the orange juice with the powdered sugar and drizzle over the cake.
And as in the video, let your child take a slice and enjoy!
Be inspired. Be happy. Eat well. And have a great day!
PJ KABOS: Elevate Your Health with High-Phenolic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. "For those who want to be good to their bodies."
Please enjoy having a look around our websites, pjkabos.com and oliveoil.com, as well as our Amazon Store for more about our many high-phenolic olive oils, recipes, etc. And follow along with us on Instagram for pretty photos concerning olive oil production, our groves in Greece, family history and more.
Kali Orexi! – Good Appetite!