1 1/3 cups evaporated cane sugar
4 teaspoon lemon zest
6 1/2 oz coconut milk
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly juiced and strained)
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (or any other flour)
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven in bake mode to 315 degrees.
- Combine eggs, vanilla 1 1/3 cups of sugar in a bowl.
Using an electric or hand mixer, whip for approximately 10 minutes until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, zest, juice, coconut milk, and water.
Slowly add to the bowl from step 1.
- In another separate bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cups of sugar, salt, soda, and powder together.
- In thirds, add the mixture from step 3 to the bowl from step well. Make sure it's well combined before adding each third. This will make your final batter.
- Spray and sugar-coat muffin pans; pour the batter evenly into each opening.
- Initially bake for 13 minutes then rotate the pan and cook for an additional 13 minutes on the low heat setting.
- Cool completely before unmolding from the pans.
Recipe Credit: Flower Child